Our aim is to provide an outstanding early years education for the 21st century child by:
- Having a setting that caters for children aged from three months to five years.
- Nurturing the personality of each child and meet their individual needs through The Early Years Foundation Curriculum.
- Providing a beautiful and exciting learning environment where children feel at home from home, which in turn promotes a joy of learning, encouraging curiosity, creativity, and imagination.
- Having a setting that strongly emphasises The Early Years Foundation Principles.
The Early Years Foundation Principles:
A Unique Child
- Every child is a competent learner from birth who can be resilient, capable, confident and self assured.
- Children learn to be strong and independent from a base of loving and secure relationships with parents and / or a key person.
- The environment plays a key role in supporting and extending children’s development and learning.
Learning and Development
- Children develop and learn in different ways and at different rates and all areas of Learning and Development are equally important and inter-connected.
- Practitioner and parent/carer working together to support the whole developmental and well being needs of the child.
Little Haven Childcare aims to develop their social integration skills through individual and group learning. The open plan classroom provides ample opportunity for group work where children of all ages play and learn together. This allows them freedom to choose and time to discover their place in the world, as responsible, confident thinking individuals who are well equipped for life.